Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls




Pumpkin is good. In anything. With anything. In any form. That's just me though. Th earthy flavor goes so well with the spices- cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger. 

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, but these come together a bit too soft for proper rolling. I had to use a lot of flour to be able to get it out of the bowl and then roll it on a heavily floured surface. Not that it affected the taste. They are scrumptious! Next time (which there definitely will be), I will do a few things differently than called for in the recipe. One; I think using a dough hook instead of the paddle attachment might be better- we'll see. Two; bake it a bit longer than I did- the middle was JUST done, but could have been even more so. It was hard to tell until I cut into it.

waiting to go in the oven



Hot out of the oven!

pouring on the icing


wish I knew how do make a gif file

Worth the effort! Give them a try; the recipe's here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Great looking rolls! I too love pumpkin and spice. I made these three times. The 3rd time, the dough was too soft and I had to add more flour to be able to work with the dough. This batch also came out a little under baked. Wondering if it had to do with the soft dough. No doubt I'll make them again and again though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!